My 53rd review (of my blog)!

Hola everybody!

Today’s post is somewhat unusual. I’m not reviewing a really fun movie in this one. Instead, I’m going to detail the journey of my reviews from a school project to a year-long movie blog. Strap on your seat belts and liftoff!!!

The blog started off as a school project in Grade III. It involved watching the movies, typing the reviews, writing them on paper, and sending the photo of them to my teacher who would review them and suggest changes. I wrote six movie reviews in this fashion (the ones uploaded on May 25, 2020). In May of 2020, my teacher (Ranjini mam) asked me if I would be interested in making a blog to share my reviews with everyone. This was finalized as my blog: www.ishaanuwach.blogspot.com.

 

‘Uwach’ means ‘said’ in Sanskrit. Hence it means Ishaan speaks (works well as I love to speak a😊)   

 

Easy peasy lemon squeezy, right? Now I have to just write reviews, and upload them.

 

WRONG!

 

First, I have to shortlist movies and watch them and then write reviews on the same. My father checks them in Word before allowing me to upload. He asks me to change repeated words, make very wordy paras shorter, extend my opinion paragraph, give meanings for jargon in the movie I use, and more.

As mentioned earlier, I have been writing reviews for about a year. These reviews all follow one simple format.

·         Movie poster and movie details such as cast, director, etc.

·         The first paragraph is a brief summary of the movie

·         The second paragraph is my opinion

·         The third paragraph consists of my recommendations on why you SHOULD or SHOULD NOT watch the movie.

 

I like to feature a good poster of the movie I have reviewed in the post. I also like to add Quotes wherever possible. I have also tried using external links for the Sleeping Beauty review. From the next review (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)) I plan to add external links for every movie.

 

This is where I’ll sign off.

 

Sayonara!

Comments

  1. Excellent Ishaan!! your reviews are very well written. Love your language and your writing style. Your observations are perfect. Looking forward to reading more of your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...lovely..loved the way you have presented it. This doesn't look like a grade 3 student :)
    Appreciate yours and your mom Dad's efforts in this :)

    Would certainly connect with you for a review before going for a movie ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ole Aale (2024)

12th Fail (2023)

Swatantrya Veer Savarkar (2024)