Descendants (2015)


Director: Kenny Ortega

Producer: Tracey Jeffery

Cast: Dove Cameron (Mal), Cameron Boyce (Carlos De Vil), Booboo Stewart (Jay), Sofia Carson (Evie).

 

A perfect Disney Channel TV movie (and the second I am writing for, after Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the Second Dimension), Descendants is a great movie!

The movie starts with an opening explanation of The USA (United States of Auradon), The Isle of the Lost, and the villains.  King Beast and Queen Belle’s son, Prince Benjamin decides to takes the children of Maleficent, Jafar, Cruella De Vil, and The Evil Queen, to prep school on Auradon. The King denies but Ben says that they will be fine. Meanwhile, a different story is in full swing on the Isle of the Lost.  The said teens Mal, Jay, Carlos and Evie are hanging out on the street, singing a song about evilness (‘Rotten to The Core’). After the foursome and their parents get the news, Maleficent goes crazy, wanting the Fairy Godmother’s wand.

All the parents give their respective kids many warnings and what-and-what-not to-dos. When the quad arrives in Auradon, they are taken round the school by a certain Doug. Mal finds her dorm to be too ‘girly’, and tries to change it. After that, they attempt to seize the wand from a museum. Want to know more? Watch the movie!

I personally think that this is the best Disney film ever made. I like the portrayal of characters, especially Mal. Well done, Dove Cameron. I don’t think (and I know) the story isn’t over. I still got to watch Descendants 2 & 3, and I think Descendants 4 is needed. Well… I read that the third instalment doesn’t have a ‘story is over’ line. Alright, back to my opinion. I watched the movie simply because of hearing Rotten to the Core, and I made the right choice. I think that the Enchanted Lake scene was too cheesy. The total flaws are:

  •         Mal’s nature is too inconsistent.
  •        In contrast, Audrey doesn’t evolve.

I wholeheartedly recommend this movie because:

1.       The acting, as mentioned is great.

2.       The situations the characters land themselves into are relatable.

3.       The songs are nice.

4.       The victory of good over evil is always shown in Disney movies, TV shows, however, this movie displayed it the best.

5.       Overall, THE MOVIE IS EXEPTIONAL!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ole Aale (2024)

12th Fail (2023)

Swatantrya Veer Savarkar (2024)