Spies In Disguise (2019)


Director: Nick Bruno, Troy Quane

Producers: Michael J. Travers, Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping.

Starring: Will Smith (Lance Sterling), Tom Holland (Walter Beckett), Ben Mendelsohn (Killian).

A thrilling adventure against the forces of evil, Spies in Disguise (2019) is a perfect movie for the true thrill seeker.

Sometime in the early 2000’s, local brainy kid Walter Beckett is working on a contraption to help his mom Wendy for self-defence on her police missions. 14 years later, Lance Sterling, an overconfident spy, is fighting off corrupt arms dealer Katsu Kimura, in Japan.  After he reaches their base in Washington D.C, Sterling meets up with Walter, who now works at a gadget designer at the same organization. Lance tells Walter that non-violent ways (ahimsa) is never going to work to defeat supervillains, and fires Walter. However, Lance soon realizes that he’ll need Walter to help him, so he goes to Walter’s place and inadvertently drinks a potion made by Walter which turns Sterling into a pigeon. They then embark on the most interesting suave mission ever. Want to know more? Watch the movie!

I like the movie. This is the first spy movie I watched in ever, since I deem spy movies to be ‘violent’. I seriously like the animation! Plus, this is the first animated movie or TV show that I didn’t have dreams of which plunge me into the adventure to mess things up. I feel it is a truly complete story, though I hope that a Spies in Disguise 2 comes out by 2026. Wait a sec. Don’t some spy films have a code or cryptogram that has to be decoded? Why couldn’t that be included along with the Killian thing? My favourite Lance Sterling quotes are:

“We just got spritzed”

“I fly solo”

And my favourite Walter Beckett quote is:

“Glitter makes people happy.”

Superb. I just want to know that person who wrote this thing. Kimura, when he is spritzed, is too good. The organisation Sterling and Beckett work at is a good one, but its acronym, H.T.U.V (Honour, Trust, Unity and Valour), is not cool, like O.W.C.A from Phineas and Ferb. The movie is too good to be true, Blue Sky Studios. This movie is amazing! Say, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

I wholeheartedly recommend this movie because:

  1. It has an A+++ plot.
  2. It has good animation.
  3. It has perfectly timed gags.
  4. It is seriously a true suave movie.
  5. Overall, THE MOVIE IS THRILLING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ole Aale (2024)

12th Fail (2023)

Swatantrya Veer Savarkar (2024)